MONAT’s Ingredient Qualities
There are five distinct qualities of MONAT’s naturally-based products:
1. MONAT uses only R.O. (Reverse Osmosis) USP Pharmacopeia grade water as the base for all of the products. Sixty to eighty percent of most body care products are water. Using R.O. water assures that the products do not contain contaminants. These contaminants include heavy metals, pesticides and other things found in our water today. By using R.O. water, MONAT is able to use minimal amounts of preservatives to maintain the integrity of the products.
R.O. water acts as a sponge. It contains empty water molecules looking for something to absorb. These molecules absorb the botanical extracts and vitamins that we add in the manufacturing process, which also provides consistency and superior texture.
2. MONAT products are produced using the highest quality food and pharmaceutical grade botanical extracts, essential oils, vitamins and minerals. We do not use industrial grade vitamins that are found in most body care products on the market today.
3. Small batch manufacturing assures that the products are consistent.
4. The products are never boiled. This assures that the natural, health giving vitamins and botanical extracts, will not lose their nutrient values. Most cosmetics are manufactured in large steam pressurization vats that boil the products at high temperatures, which causes them to turn to a liquid or cream state. This is equivalent to boiling your vegetables too long, taking away all of their nutrient values.
5. Our products are manufactured avoiding the use of heavy chemicals. These ingredients often lead to unwanted skin conditions.
It is the goal of MONAT to always provide products that are as close to natural as possible. Product integrity and consumer safety will always be the guiding factor in ingredient choices.
MONAT follows three principle rules when determining ingredients that will be used:
- We will consult with multiple leading industry laboratories for input and evaluation as to what ingredients will provide the best results.
- We will only use ingredients that are accepted by the FDA and those that are recognized by the FDA’s GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) rule.
- We also use the USP (United States Pharmacopoeia) standards for ingredient determination.
It is our commitment at MONAT to always research and identify ingredients that will provide health, product integrity and consumer satisfaction.